Posted in Uncategorized
If you’re looking to achieve a more youthful-looking complexion, you’ll first want to start searching for skincare treatments that will help boost your body’s natural production of collagen. While topical options can certainly help, it’s the in-office procedures that can really make the difference on your skin.
At the top of the list is microneedling with radiofrequency—specifically, the Potenza RF Microneedling. Here are seven things you need to know about this procedure and why its popularity continues to grow amongst doctors and patients.
1. What Is Microneedling With RF?
Microneedling is done with a handheld device that contains tiny needles that glide against the skin to create micro-injuries, or channels. These injuries trigger the body’s natural healing process, sending an influx of collagen to the tears in the skin, which help to repair all kind of skin issues from aging to discoloration.
2. What are the Benefits of Microneedling With RF?
The Potenza device works great for repairing damaged or aging skin. Here is a complete list of all the benefits you can expect from this non-invasive skincare procedure:
- Improves lines and wrinkles
- Breaks apart discoloration such as age spots and sun damage
- Tightens the appearance of enlarged pores
- Helps control acne breakouts
- Regenerates scarring left by past acne breakouts
- Assists in smoothing skin texture problems through deeper exfoliation
- Provides a subtle lift to loose or lax skin
- Can be used on all skin tones, textures, and types: oily, dry, sensitive, combination skin
- Little downtime and fast results
3. Are There Any Side Effects?
After your Potenza RF microneedling treatment, you may experience some mild redness and swelling that may last a day or two post-treatment.
4. Who Is a Good Candidate for Potenza RF Microneedling?
This treatment is generally well-tolerated by all skin tones and textures, but it’s especially beneficial for patients with early-to-moderate signs of aging. It nearly fills this so-called “treatment gap” for patients who have early loss of collagen and elastin, who want to maximize their appearance without surgical intervention.
5. How Fast Do You See Results from Potenza?
Texture results and skin brightness can typically be seen about two weeks after treatment. Though it may take around two to four months with regular treatments to see the ultimate effects of collagen tightening in more dynamic wrinkles, most patients report a significant change in their skin after the first few treatments.
6. How Does Potenza Differ from Other Microneedling Options?
Unlike previous microneedling devices with radio frequency, Potenza offers both monopolar and bipolar settings along with a much more extensive array of treatment heads that allow your treatments to be tailored and individualized to treat your specific needs.
7. How Do You Get Started with Potenza?
Easy! To learn more about Potenza RF Microneedling, call Bay Area Plastic Surgery at (628) 215-1671 or contact us through our convenient website portal to schedule your personalized Potenza consultation with double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Leonard Gray. We look forward to meeting you soon!