Potenza RF Microneedling
Bay Area Potenza RF Microneedling in San Francisco
Are you struggling with increasing signs of aging in your skin? After the age of 30, our bodies begin to produce less collagen, causing lines, wrinkles, and dullness. If you have been looking for a non-invasive way to bring life back to your skin, helping it look younger, tighter, firmer, and fuller, Potenza RF Microneedling is your all-in-one, high-performing skin rejuvenation treatment.
From tightening and firming skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, improving skin texture, and shrinking enlarged pores, a Potenza RF Microneedling treatment can restore your skin to its youthful radiance with minimal discomfort and downtime.
Potenza RF Microneedling treatments are also customizable with the addition of the Fusion Tip and can also help make the skincare products you use at home more effective. Bay Area Plastic Surgery’s board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Leonard W. Gray, offers some of the finest plastic surgery and non-surgical anesthetic procedures in the Bay Area. With over 20 years of experience, he has delivered stunning results and changed lives with his compassionate care and unmatched knowledge.
To learn more about San Francisco Potenza RF Microneedling with Dr. Gray, please continue reading or schedule a consultation with Bay Area Plastic Surgery Today!
What is Potenza RF Microneedling?
Potenza is a skin revitalizing microneedling treatment by Cynosure lasers. The Potenza RF Microneedling system combines radiofrequency (RF) energy with the traditional microneedling procedure. The RF energy produced by this device is delivered through tiny needles for maximum absorption. RF energy is harnessed to heat the underlying skin layers, causing a constriction and tightening of the skin through soft tissue coagulation. A significant long-term benefit of this treatment is that it also promotes the body’s production of collagen and elastin. This means that it not only offers immediate improvements to the skin, but continuing and long-lasting results as well.
Schedule A Consultation
Dr. Gray is a board-certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience conducting surgical procedures of the breast, body, and face. His emphasis on patient education and attention to detail have made him the top choice for plastic surgery in the Bay Area. Dr. Gray invites you to meet with him for a friendly and informative consultation.
What Issues Can Potenza Microneedling Treat?
Potenza is an excellent choice for those struggling with:
- Sun damage from years of sun exposure
- Deep lines and wrinkles
- Skin laxity on the face and neck
- Stretch Marks
- Skin Laxity
- Enlarged or clogged pores
- Persistent inflammation such as acne
How Does Potenza Work?
When applied to your treatment area, the Potenza RF Microneedling device uses tiny needles and generated heat to penetrate deep below the dermis. This process causes micro-injuries to your skin, triggering your body’s natural healing process and encouraging it to regenerate new collagen and elastin. Unlike many skin revitalization devices and treatments on the market, Potenza treatments can be performed on all skin types, zones, and almost any external part of the face and body.
- Skin Resurfacing: Potenza can help improve the skin’s texture and tone by promoting the production of new collagen and elastin fibers. It is effective in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and superficial acne scars.
- Skin Tightening: The RF energy heats the underlying layers of the skin, causing collagen fibers to contract and tighten. This results in a firmer and more lifted appearance.
- Skin Regeneration: The controlled micro-injuries created by the microneedles trigger the body’s natural healing response, leading to improved skin quality and a healthier complexion. Also, the Fusion tip allows the application of PRF and other topicals into the small canals.
Stunning natural results
Dr. Gray’s training, precision, and personalized treatment plans provide genuinely outstanding results. Want to see for yourself? Follow the link below to view before and after pictures of Dr. Gray’s actual patients.
The Potenza system can also be used on the neck area to address concerns such as loose skin, wrinkles, and texture irregularities. The combination of microneedling and RF energy can help tighten and rejuvenate the skin on the neck.
Body Applications (Crepey Skin, Scars, and Stretch Marks)
- Crepey Skin: Potenza can be used on various parts of the body with crepey or lax skin, such as the arms, abdomen, or thighs. The treatment stimulates collagen production, enhancing skin texture and firmness.
- Scars and Stretch Marks: The microneedling component of Potenza helps break down scar tissue and stimulates the growth of new collagen. This can lead to smoother and less noticeable scars and stretch marks over time.
Potenza Microneedling With Fusion Tip
At Bay Area Plastic Surgery, we are excited to add the groundbreaking Potenza Fusion tip technology to deliver topical treatments while tightening your skin through soft tissue coagulation. This attachment has revolutionized standard microneedling treatments by facilitating greater topical treatment application than a regular microneedling treatment. The Fusion tip relies on ultrafine needles and radiofrequency energy to penetrate the top layer of your skin. This abrasion effectively triggers the body’s natural healing process and causes it to regenerate new collagen and elasticity for tighter, smoother-looking skin.
What Can I Expect from A Potenza RF Microneedling?
If fear of discomfort is keeping you from pursuing the amazing benefits of Potenza RF Microneedling, there is no need to worry. Dr. Gray can apply a topical numbing cream prior to the treatment. Once the skin is sufficiently numbed, the microneedling process can begin. Some patients have reported a mild sting, or warming sensation, with light pressure from the needles as the device glides over the treatment area.
Most Potenza Microneedling treatments take less than 45 minutes to complete. Because it’s a non-invasive treatment, you are free to leave our office immediately afterward with some detailed instructions on caring for your regenerating skin. Pinpoint bleeding is completely normal and does not last long. It is encouraged that you avoid alcohol the night before and the day of your treatment, as alcohol can cause more inflammation. Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin and avoid hot water on the treatment areas. After washing the face and body, it’s important that you gently pat the skin dry and avoid tugging at the skin.
What Is the Difference Between Potenza Microneedling and Traditional Microneedling?
Potenza RF Microneedling
- Minimally Invasive: The procedure is relatively gentle on the skin, with minimal downtime.
- Customizable: The depth of microneedling and RF energy can be adjusted based on the specific concerns being addressed.
- Versatile: Potenza can be used on all skin types.
- There is little to no downtime associated with Potenza Microneedling. Patients with lighter skin types often leave the office looking like they have a mild sunburn over the treated area. Within a few hours, the skin returns to normal color. Patients with darker skin may have little to no red appearance after treatment. The skin of the treated area may feel rough and dry for about one week following Potenza treatment due to micro-scabs created by the device.
- Patients with skin types 5 and 6 need to be patch-tested one month before treating with Potenza. This is done to assess for any hyperpigmentation before treating a large area.
- Potenza may trigger flares of skin conditions such as melasma, rosacea, etc. For patients with melasma, we will pre-treat with Hydroquinone 4% for one month before treating with Potenza to help protect against a flare.
- Certain topical skin medications and products are not recommended to be used with Potenza. During the consultation with your Bay Area plastic surgeon, all skin products should be disclosed.
Why Choose Dr. Gray for Your Potenza RF Microneedling Treatment?
For over 20 years, Dr. Gray has been instilling beauty and inspiring confidence in the Bay Area. His dedication and passion for patient knowledge and focused attention to detail make him a top choice for plastic surgery in San Francisco and the greater Bay Area. He has performed countless non-invasive skin rejuvenating treatments in his career and can help you determine the best procedure to meet your aesthetic goals.
For the past four years, Dr. Gray and his team have been searching for the best possible microneedling treatment to add to their list of service and they didn’t stop searching until they found what they believe to be the best with Potenza RF Microneedling.
During your consultation, Dr. Gray will listen and learn your goals while providing you with as much information about Potenza Microneedling or other skin rejuvenation options to help you make the most informed decision. He has made it his mission that when you come to Bay Area Plastic Surgery, you feel confident, excited, and comfortable to finally achieve the aesthetic you desire.