Giving birth is a significant milestone in your life that’s worth celebrating. Unfortunately, childbirth may be accompanied by some unwelcome physical changes that can make your body feel less like your own. For most women, it doesn’t seem to matter how much time they spend in the gym or focused on a healthy diet; their bodies simply refuse to go back to the way they were before pregnancy. In many cases, these changes such as loose skin and stretched abdominal muscles, can be improved through surgical intervention.
Dr. Leonard Gray is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a deep understanding of how pregnancy affects the body. He offers a variety of body contouring procedures that may help you achieve the figure you desire.
Common Body Issues After Pregnancy
Some common aesthetic concerns that many women face after pregnancy include:
- Excess skin around the abdomen
- Stretched and separated abdominal wall
- Stubborn pockets of fat
- Stretch marks
- Poor posture and back pain
- Drooping or sagging breasts
Diet and exercise can help mitigate a few of these issues. However, a healthy lifestyle alone may not be enough to help you address all of your concerns or fully correct the changes to your body after pregnancy.
Thankfully, body contouring procedures offered by Dr. Gray may be able to help you feel more like yourself again. After all, you deserve to look and feel your best so you can keep up with your children with confidence for years to come.
Best Body Contouring Options
When it comes to body contouring, there are several options that you can choose from to help address common concerns after pregnancy. Dr. Gray will work with you to determine the most appropriate procedures based on your goals, individual concerns, and physical characteristics.
At Bay Area Plastic Surgery, your body contouring options include:
- Liposuction: This timeless procedure can be used to remove stubborn pockets of fat that have accumulated in different areas of the body such as: the stomach, buttock, and thighs. Liposuction is a great way to target a specific area in ways that diet and exercise alone cannot. Often times, the mid and lower abdomen are some of the toughest placed to reach. Dr. Gray can help you achieve that trim waistline that will have your friends wanting to know how you did it.
- Tummy tuck: Also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck can often remove excess skin and fat from the abdominal region, while also tightening separated and stretched abdominal wall muscles.
- Mommy Makeover: Mothers may experience changes to their body and breasts after having a baby. Therefore, some women may benefit from a mommy makeover, which is a customized combination of breast and body procedures. This combination of procedures may include breast lift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and liposuction, depending on your unique needs.
Schedule Your Bay Area Body Contouring Consultation
Dr. Gray has been performing body contouring procedures and has seen considerable success for the past 20 years. His experience, skill, and commitment to excellence have helped him become a master in breast augmentation, breast lifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction.
You deserve the absolute best in professional and personalized care. Call (415) 434-8858 today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Gray, or contact us online.