Posted in Breast Lift
Pregnancy, breastfeeding, genetics, weight loss, and other factors can contribute to breasts losing their youthful perkiness and even start to sag on the chest. These changes are not reserved just for women with large, heavy breast; women with a small bust can also experience deflated breasts. While this condition can be challenging to a person’s self-esteem, there are several types of breast lift surgeries that can significantly improve the shape and position of the breasts. By excising skin and repositioning tissues, breast lift surgery can provide lifted, shaped, and more youthful-looking breasts.
What Is A Breast Lift?
A breast lift, or mastopexy, is a surgical procedure that raises the breast tissue and nipple by removing excess skin and reshaping the breast to a more youthful contour.
Benefits of A Breast Lift
The benefits of a breast lift don’t end with restored self-confidence. A breast lift will help achieve:
- A firmer breast appearance: when undergoing a breast lift, a new support is provided to maintain a firmer appearance.
- Improve nipple projection: By reshaping the breasts, the nipple-areolar areas can also be repositioned, giving them a more natural, forward projection.
- Reduce back and shoulder pain: By lifted the breasts and giving them a new support system, surgery can significantly reduce the amount of weight your shoulders and back have to bare.
- Reduce under breast irritation: low sitting and sagging breasts can lead to skin irritation caused by excess moisture being trapped underneath the breasts.
- Provide better fitted clothing options: with more contoured breasts, bras, shirts, and low-cut tops fit better and more comfortably.
Good Candidates for A Breast Lift
With aging, pregnancy, breast feeding, weight changes, genetics, and gravity, the breast tissue loses its elasticity and the breasts begin to droop. The degree of drooping is classified according to the position of the nipple. A nipple that descends below the fold with the nipple ultimately pointing towards the ground constitutes a degree of drooping. Any degree of nipple drooping below the fold may indicate that you could benefit from a breast lift.
What About Scarring?
It’s true that scarring comes with any surgery and it’s often a concern amongst patients, but it’s important to know that the scar fades over time. With the meticulous approach of a skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon, scarring can be hidden well and minimal. There are also numerous scar creams and laser treatments that can further contribute to scar healing.
The type of incision for a breast lift is generally based on how much of a lift is required. The surgery repositions the nipple and areola to an appropriate size, the excess skin and tissue is removed, and the remaining tissue is reshaped to create the new tighter and higher breast contour.
Breast Lift Surgery in San Francisco with Dr. Gray
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your breasts and want help restoring your self-confidence, it might be time to pursue a breast lift surgery. Dr. Gray at Bay Area Plastic Surgery is a board-certified plastic surgeon located in the beautiful Bay Area. His training, precision, and personalized treatment plans provide genuinely outstanding and consistent results. For more information, contact Bay Area Plastic Surgery here for more information.